The latest ptbo.com news postings
There is a new Pizza Pizza store in town and its located on the corner of Webber Avenue and Lansdowne Street West in the…
The 40th Annual Kinsmen Santa Claus Parade takes place in downtown Peterborough on Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 4:45 pm. The…
Many users to the Peterborough Memorial Centre (PMC) ticket web site anxious to purchase Jerry Seinfeld tickets today were frustrated to…
Peterborough News and Information
Peterborough Examiner News
- Advocates urge sidewalks on both sidesThe medical officer of health plans to urge city council to keep requiring sidewalks on both sides of new streets, saying that sidewalks promote physical activity and keep pedestrians safe.
- City budget up for final approval MondayCity council will vote a final time Monday to adopt the city's 2014 budget.
- PCVS grad Dylan Collins named Rhodes ScholarA few minutes before PCVS graduate Dylan Collins walked into his final interview in the selection process for the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship, a fire alarm went off.
- Trent mailed degree to Mandela in prisonIt was a unique moment in history. It was a unique moment for Trent University.
- City staff top United Way goal by $6.7KCity employees blew their United Way campaign goal right out of the water this year, overshooting their hoped-for $79,001 goal by more than $6,000.
- PETES PIECES: Ketcheson to coach Komets against PetesEx-Pete B.J. Ketcheson has been recruited to help coach the Jack McGee Kawartha Komets in their fundraising game against the Peterborough Petes at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Memorial Centre.
- Two new anesthesiologists at PRHCThe Peterborough Regional Health Centre has welcomed two new anesthesiologists.
- Jobless rate falls to 5.7%Peterborough's employment picture continued to improve in November, according to figures released Friday by Statistics Canada.
- Well-loved referee retiringThe Peterborough soccer community is losing an institution.
- Outshot Petes blanked 6-0 by Generals to suffer fourth loss in rowMichael Dal Colle had two goals and an assist as the Oshawa Generals ran the Peterborough Petes' losing streak to four games with a 6-0 win at the GM Centre on Friday.
Topix Peterborough News
- Police searching for woman with container of uraniumPolice are searching for a woman who came into the police station with a container labelled "85% uranium," looking for advise of how to dispose of it.
- City of Peterborough to Save $250,000 in IT Costs by Using Esri TechnologyCity leverages ready-to-use basemaps, templates and cloud services to deliver self-service apps that empower staff and citizens Peterborough, ON December 3, 2013 Visit the City of Peterborough's Web site and you'll notice a new interactive map in their Geomatics section called e-Maps .
- Zadara Storage Expands North American Channels With Two New Members...Capella Telecommunications Inc., a value-added reseller to Canada's telecommunications industry, and SoftNet Solutions, a solutions provider specializing in high performance enterprise computing applications, will be able to provide their customers with the option of accessing data center-grade SAN and NAS features to support Tier 1 primary storage ... […]
- The Trent-Severn Waterway, Yes? No? Maybe?Some years ago, it must be almost 20, we took, my wife and I, a long-weekend cruise of the lakes on the M.V. Kawartha Voyageur, a comfortable scow-shaped three decker, with all the amenities one would ask for on a cruise ship.
- "Author! Author!" - a night with Trent Valley Archives' writersTrent Valley Archives extends an invitation to everyone to attend its premier December event titled 'Author! Author!' A night with Trent Valley Archives' writers.
- PeterboroughOntario.com Launches as the Ultimate Online Guide to Peterborough and the KawarthasPeterboroughOntario.com has launched as the ultimate guide to Peterborough, Ontario and the Kawartha Lakes region.
- Jewish sect Lev Tahor resettles in southwestern OntarioAn ultra-Orthodox Jewish community of 200 people who had a long-running disagreement with Quebec children-protection officials has abruptly left its base in the Laurentian mountains north of Montreal and relocated after an overnight drive to the Chatham-Kent area in southwestern Ontario.
- Many activities planned for hospitala s 75thThe St. Joseph's Hospital's 75th anniversary celebrations will offer many activities over a six-day span for those who have made contributions towards the hospital.
- Christmas Concert Tour AnnouncementEvery Eye Media is pleased to announce that Canadian Christian Radio chart toppers Building 429 & Hawk Nelson are visiting Canada for a Christian Christmas concert tour this December with special guests Manic Drive & Dan Bremnes.
- From Phantom to Valjean: 'Les Mis' star Ramin Karimloo keeps moving forwardThe Ontario-raised singer-actor has been earning rapturous reviews for his moving portrayal of the ex-convict seeking redemption in the 25th anniversary production of the Boublil & Schonberg show in Toronto, and is set to reprise the role on Broadway in March.
- Freeze mob puts Lansdowne Place on pause : More than 50 Peterborough residents took part in movement to inspire community action on violence against women
- Money keeps rolling in for United Way : City of Peterborough staff donate more than $85,000 for local charities
- Sidewalks, budget approval coming up at Council meeting : Potential changes to the City’s sidewalk policy is bringing out at least five residents who want to have their say
- Coins for toy drive adding up : Scotiabank presents Penny Boy Noah Leslie with cheque
- Canada remembers Mandela's wisdom, tenacity
- How healthy is downtown? We have no idea : Lack of a system to track the economic health of Peterborough’s downtown core has Coun. Pappas and DBIA chair calling for change
- Resident pushing for sidewalks : Pinewood Drive residents asking for sidewalks as councillors consider changes to sidewalk policy
- Snofest Idol accepting nominations now
The Connection News
- Hearing Loss in Youth • By Judy WardHearing loss affects one in five of the general population. It is known to be more common in persons over the age of 50 years, but it can also affect children and young people. That may be surprising to some. There are a number of conditions that can contribute to hearing loss. Among other things, … Continue reading »
- In Your Garden – By Victoria WhitneySeasonal Arrangements and Winter Arrangements are not the same. It’s a small difference in wording, but a big difference in purpose, design and longevity of the finished arrangements. A seasonal arrangement will usually have evergreen branches (pine, cedar, balsam, fir or spruce) as a base but will also sport bows, “bling” and balls or other … Continue read […]
- What’s New in Dr. Terry’s Zoo?December and winter have arrived and before we know it Santa will be at the door. Our ten best friends have set forth a plethora of requests. Toadie, our handsome red feline and his sister Mole have requested that Mitzy and Turtle (their arch enemies) be banned from the house to live sequestered in the … Continue reading »
- Peterborough County Cattlemen Award Bursaries To Five Peterborough County 4-H MembersOn Friday December 29th, Peterborough County Cattlemen Director Dave Cavanagh presented $250 bursaries to five Peterborough County 4-H members at their annual 4-H banquet held at Trinity United Church, Peterborough. To qualify members completed four 4-H beef projects and were enrolled in a college or university. Bursary recipients are Dylan Hutchinson, Katri […]
- Contractor’s Corner – By Colin LewisReplacing the Kitchen Floor Each month in CONTRACTORS CORNER Colin fields questions from readers about their renovation or home building project. Have a question? Let him have a swing at it. NOTE: PLEASE TRY TO GET YOUR QUESTIONS TO COLIN BEFORE THE 15TH OF THE MONTH SO THAT HE CAN MEET HIS DEADLINE. THANK YOU! … Continue reading »
- Mark’s Customer Appreciation Day! December 7!From 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., 20% the entire store! Finish your Christmas shopping early this year!
- Bridgenorth United Activities and Events for December 2013Excitement is in the air as we prepare for the joyous Christmas season leading into the coming New Year. As we engage in the busy and often frantic preparations at this time of year, it is a time to pause and celebrate the events leading up to the birth of Jesus, the one who shows … Continue reading »
- Lakefield Skating Club – Winter Session RegistrationRegister for the Lakefield Skating Club’s winter session! Our CanSkate Program is a great learn to skate program for children 3 and up. Skaters will learn fundamental skating skills from a Certified Skate Canada coach. Great for all ice sports: hockey, ringette, and figure skating. We offer a 9 week session: Mondays from 6-7 pm beginning … Continue reading […]
- Due North Notes – By Patricia RobertsonAs Christmas gets closer and we search for ideas about that ideal gift, people often think of getting a ‘cute’ puppy. Ideally, this decision should come about after a lot of planning and research but if you are planning on getting a puppy for Christmas, you need to ask yourself some tough questions. Who are … Continue reading »
- Hey Lakefield! Village Dental is Having a Party!
Peterborough Petes News
- Michael Clarke Named OPG Player of the MonthMichael Clarke earned the Original Pond Gear Player of the Month award for November.
- Petes Fall 6-1 to Top Ranked Otters
- Two Thousand Toys Collected in Teddy Bear TossPetes collect 2000 stuffed toys in annual Teddy Bear Toss supporting the Salvation Army Christmas Toy Drive.
- Petes Announce Holiday Store HoursPetes introduce extended store hours during the holiday season.
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss this Thursday
- Petes Support RBC Play Hockey InitiativeThe Petes will again partner with RBC in support of the Play Hockey Initiative, bringing OHL hockey to local minor hockey associations this season.
- Knights Edge Petes 4-2The London Knights edged Peterborough 4-2 at home with Josh Anderson and Bo Horvat netting three points each to end the Petes' 3-game home winning streak.
- Fronts Score Late, Defeat Petes 3-0
- Petes Down Bulls 3-1, Win Third Straight at HomeThe Petes downed the East Division Rival Bulls 3-1 on Thursday night at the PMC.
- Petes Release Import RW Matej PaulovicPetes GM Michael Oke announced today the Import RW Matej Paulovic has been released from the club.
Peterborough Lakefield Community Police News
- November 27, 2013 - Special Media ReleaseSafe and Sound at Home Program
- November 27, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 27, 2013 there were 60 Calls for service. These incidents include Theft of
- November 26, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 26, 2013 there were 55 Calls for Service. These incidents include a Domestic Assault and an Impaired Driving Arrest.
- November 23-25, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsFrom the morning of November 23-25, 2013 there were 220 Calls for Service. These incidents include an Assault Arrest; a Breach of Probation Arrest and two Break and Enters.
- November 22, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 22, 2013 there were 63 Calls for Service. These incidents include a Breach of Undertaking Arrest; a Breach of Recognizance Arrest; and a Breach of Probation Arest.
- November 21 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 21, 2013 there were 52 Calls for Service. These incidents include a Break and Enter Arrest, Assault Arrest and an Impaired Driving Arrest.
- November 20, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 20, 2013 there were 59 Calls for Service. These incidents include Five Arrests for Mischief over $5000 and two Break and Enters.
- November 19, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 19, 2013 there were 58 Calls for Service. These incidents include a Domestic Assault and a Theft under $5,000 Arrest.
- November 16-18, 2013 Noteable IncidentsFrom the morning of November 16-18, 2013 there were 229 Calls for Service. These incidents include an Obstruct Police Arrest; a Dangerous Driving Cause Bodily Harm Arrest; a Robbery with violence Arrest and a Break and Enter.
- November 15, 2013 - Noteable IncidentsOn November 15, 2013 there were 71 Calls for Service. These incidents include a Robbery Arrest and a Possession of Child Pornography Arrest.